Saturday, April 7, 2012

Technology to Showcase Teacher Language Information

This week I attended a National Association for Educating Young Children (NAEYC) meeting at ISU on Tuesday with a friend because she had already seen their guest speaker for the night, Kira Hamann, speak at a previous engagement and had rave reviews. As soon as we walked in the room I was so excited to be there. As the meeting began and the executive board turned the floor over to Mrs. Hamann. Her speech was over "Teacher Language," which is something I had thought about but had never really explored or reflected upon for myself. Now, after attending the meeting I have taken Mrs. Hamann's information to heart and have been implementing it already in my own life- at work and even in social interactions.

For my blog this week I wanted to include information from Mrs. Hamann's speech but I also wanted to use technology while I explained what I learned. Taking advice from a Guest Post on Richard Byrne's Free Technology for Teacher's blog by Jayme Linton I decided to abide by TPACK. After reading through the blog post and watching this video on exactly what TPACK is, I knew exactly how I would present my information. I had the content knowledge after attending the Mrs. Hamann's speech and I had the pedagogical knowledge as it pertains to teaching, but I needed a way to add technology into my plan. For that reason, I decided to create a Prezi full of what I learned from Mrs. Hamann. Check it out here!


No comments:

Post a Comment